After H-1B visa, skilled workers might look to Canada

April 20, 2016
The filing period of petitions for H-1 B has just completed last week and the USCIS has already reached the cap within few days. Huge numbers of petitions were received by the USCIS. Like the US, Canada also gets newcomers in large numbers from across the globe every year.

After H-1B visa, skilled workers might look to Canada

Canada also welcomes overseas employees through its TFWP which is temporary Overseas Worker Program and Global Mobility Program (IMP).

If any candidate gets the Canadian PR, then they might get entitled for citizenship of Canada in just four years. And it is going to minimize in the coming years.

Canada is the second best attractive destination for the applicants who had worked in the US on H-1B visa. highly potential and qualified H-1B holders  can explore the immigration of Canada and job prospects.

Holders of H-1B visa are strongly positioned to get a competitive profile and get an invitation to apply for Canada PR through the Express Entry System of Canada.

The Canadian territories and provinces could nominate people for Canadian PR based on the requirement of labor market. 

Canada is the biggest business partner of the US, it has got parent firms, subsidiaries, affiliates and branches of firms that also function in the US. These businesses has got a choice of bringing in overseas employees as an Intra firm transferee to Canada. Transferees should posses a minimum of full time one year work experience with overseas firm and they should work in senior managerial or executive roles. 

These parameters are beneficial for holders of H-1B visa who seek to work in Canada without changing their employer. Immigrating to Canada as intra firm transferee could be path towards Canadian PR.

For More Immigration News & Updates Follow Us @Facebook
comments powered by Disqus


Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon