As per the data available Alberta has issued 5,600 nomination certificates till December 17. It will continue to assess applications but not issue any Nomination Certificates until January. Also, the data reveals that 1,875 applications are waiting for the assessment stage.
Earlier Ontario had reached its nomination allocation of IRCC and now Alberta follows it.
There are three streams in the AINP:
• The Self-Employed Farmer Stream
• The Alberta Opportunity Stream,
• The Alberta Express Entry Stream
Moreover, in June 2018, the Alberta Opportunity and Alberta EE replaced the Employer-Driven Stream as well as the Strategic Recruitment Stream. Alberta has issued 596 Notifications after June through its Express Entry, to the candidates who had a CRS score of 301 points.
Alberta Express Entry
The Alberta EE Stream permits the province for nominating some professional applicants from the federal EE System. AINP selects such candidates directly from those appearing in the EE pool. Moreover, these Candidates must receive an ITA prior to submitting an application. Additionally, such candidates who have a strong tie with Alberta, and can help in the growth of the economy, and also increase diversity, get preference here. International graduates also receive the invitation.
• Have an EE profile in the federal pool that is active.
• Be interested in immigrating to Alberta permanently.
• Work in an occupation which supports economic development/diversification.
• Obtain a minimum CRS score of 300.
Having one of these will improve the chances of a candidate:
• A provincial job offer and work experience.
• Graduation from a post-secondary institution in Canada,
• A relative living in the province
Alberta Opportunity Stream
The qualifying norms for the Alberta Opportunity Stream are:
• Working in an eligible occupation in Alberta
• Having a valid temporary resident status in Canada with a work authorization
• Have a CLB 4 in English or Niveaux de compétence Linguistique Canadiens 4 in French in all disciplines for the many NOC codes.
• The candidate must complete high school in the country of origin.
• Have at least 12 months full-time work experience in present occupation in the past 18 months OR at least 24 months of full-time work experience in present occupation in Canada or abroad in the past 30 months.
Self-Employed Farmer Stream
The qualifying norms for the Self-Employed Farmer Stream are:
• Managerial experience in an existing farm enterprise;
• Possess necessary work experience Education and training for developing a sustainable farm business;
• Develop a business plan for farm enterprise;
• Proof of finance to the projected farming enterprise by a financial institution in Canada;
• $500,000 equity to invest in the farm enterprise;
• A net worth of $500,000 or confirmation of access to such funds