The Government of Canada has chosen to increase the applications number to accept for processing during the present year in its sponsorship program of parents and grandparents. The effect will be the addition of 7,000 to the existing 10,000.
There was a Ministerial Instruction announced to this result from Ahmed Hussen, Immigration Minister, Canada.
This development comes after an I.R.C.C announcement, in this week regarding resuming the potential invitations sponsors. They had in the history presented an Interest to Sponsor form during the last Sponsoring period between Jan 2nd and Feb 1st, 2018.
These instructions mention that with the rise in the applications number for this year to 17,000 will assist in achieving the goals on immigration for the Canadian Government. Additionally, it will rejoin families in Canada.
The same random selection process will be used in case of issuing further invitations which were used in the earlier invitations of this year. Sponsors getting the invitation to apply will get 60 days from the date of receiving the request for submitting the complete application.
Furthermore, this Parents and Grandparents Program is a fine initiative in Canada’s Family Class sponsorship. It also allows successful candidates to present the application for permanent residence for their parents as well as grandparents.
Eligibility criteria to sponsor the parents/grandparents to match PR applicants are:
- Minimum 18 years old; and
- Being a Canadian citizen or P.R of Canada.
The sponsors of parents and grandparents to reach Canada as a permanent resident should:
- Support the person and dependents financially,
- Meet the required income level for the program by submitting a notice of assessment that is declared by the Canadian Revenue Agency supporting their sponsorship.
- Sponsors require to show that they meet the least necessary income level for the past three continuous years.; and
- The sponsor and relative need to sign a sponsorship agreement of performing the sponsor to provide financial assistance for 20 years.
- Potential sponsors living in Quebec must also meet the conditions of Quebec immigration sponsorship after approval from I.R.C.C.