Child of overseas national married to Filipino is fit for permanent residence

January 19, 2015
Abroad national married to Filipino citizen granted with permanent residence

Offspring of overseas national married to the citizen of Filipino will now be granted with the permanent residence permit in Philippines, as per the PIA (Philippine Immigration Act) of Section 13(a). 

Secretary of Philippine Department of Justice, Leila Magistrado de Lima has approved the Memorandum of allowing overseas nationals to attain permanent residence, depending on the abroad parent’s wedding to a Filipino citizen. According to the Section 13(a) of Philippine Immigration Act, a spouse of Filipino will be awarded with permanent residence permit. However, the child of overseas spouse will also be granted with the parallel status like that of the partner. 

This new policy aims to unify the families which is in accordance with the State’s policy, says Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Siegfred Mison. 

Status of permanent residency for foreign child under Section 13(a) will be granted based on the conditions that are listed below, such as, must be under 21 years, should be unmarried or single and must be able to accompany to unite their parent.

For More Updates Follow Us @Facebook
comments powered by Disqus


Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon