E-1 and E-2 Treaty Visas can be seen as alternative for H-1B and L-1 visas

October 27, 2015
There is continuous concern about difficulties in getting the L-1B visas for the employees with specialized knowledge levels. Sometimes it becomes difficult for meeting the L-1B visa requirements due to the uncertainties of what exactly qualifies as the employee with specialized knowledge levels.

Another popular nonimmigrant visa is the H-1B visa for the workers with graduate level specialty, runs out almost quickly as they are available at the start of the April month every year. 

So there are other two visas that can be considered as their alternatives. There has been increase in the interest of both the employee and the employers who seek to work in the US are looking at E-1 Treaty Trader and E-2 Treaty Investor visas. As there is no quota for this visa and in many cases it may be easier to get those visas than the L-1B and the H-1B visas. One can also apply for the entry as an employee or as an investor.

E-1 and E-2 Treaty Visas can be seen as options for H-1B and L-1 visas

E-1 Treaty Trader visa is the non immigrant visa that allows entry into the US on the temporary basis. Like the E-2 Treaty Investor visa, the E-1 visa is only for those citizens whose country has a treaty of navigation and commerce with the US. The employer should be registered as the E-1 treaty trader business before one can apply for the entry as E-1 employee likewise the employer should be registered as E-2 Treaty Investor business before one can apply for the entry as E-2 employee

The employer under the E-1 Treaty visa should be 50% owned by the citizens of the treaty nation. Over 50% of business done by the E-1 Treaty Trader firm might be between the treaty nation and the US. The applicant should be executive or the supervisor or should have the skills and qualifications for applying as the employee.

The applications of the E-1 visa can be determined in matter of few weeks time and also allowed entry for the two years period of time. This visa can be renewed for two years as long as the treaty firm is registered, there is no limit on two-year visas one can apply for. This is the advantage of the E-1 visa over the L-1 visa. The L-1 visa allows only 5 years entry under the category of L-1B visa or 7 year as executive or manager under the L-1A visa.

The employee does not require working for the same firm outside the US for minimum of one year period before applying for the E-1 visa. The employee should be of the same nationality as the employer under E-1 treaty.

For More Immigration News & Updates Follow Us @Facebook  
comments powered by Disqus


Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon