In an update issued on March 21, IRCC made the announcement that the applicants obtaining the PR approval in the Interim Path for Caregivers can give their application seeking the open permit to work. Moreover, these candidates can submit such an application for the permit with the PR application. IRCC will begin the processing of these open work permit applications only when the candidate succeeds in the test of eligibility in the Interim Path for Caregivers.
The applicants in this Pathway have to meet specific eligibility requirements to apply for this permit. These are:
• Residing in Canada while submitting the application, and also have the intention to reside in the country outside Quebec.
• The status has to be one of the following while applying
1) A Canada Authorization to work having a work permit different from the Live-in Care giving Program work permit
2) The Authorization to work without a work-permit after applying for a renewal of a work permit different from the Live-in Care giving Program work permit
3) Having the Eligibility for the restoration of status at the time of applying for restoring the status and also holding the work permit different from the Live-in Care giving Program work permit as a recent permit.
• They also need to be the principal applicants in the PR application. They must receive a positive eligibility assessment of the paper application seeking the permanent residence (APR)
The family members of the eligible applicants can also submit the application seeking this permit. The family member and applicants also need to pay the necessary processing fee ($155) while forwarding the application but they do not have to pay the permit holder fee of $100.
Interim Pathway for Caregivers
Canada has opened this Interim Path on March 4, exclusively catering to the Caregivers, and it is of a temporary nature. It answers to the situation of such in-home temporary overseas caregivers, who arrived in Canada after Nov 30, 2014, to submit the PR application. This will remain open until June 4, 2019. Please contact us know more about this Interim Pathway for Caregivers and related information also.