The UKBA has proposed to modify the fee that is being charged for migration, visas and citizenship applications.
The new fee structure will come into effect from 6th April 2014, and the fee for the premium services overseas will be applied from 31st March 2014, if the parliament is in favour of the changes proposed.
The proposal is to increase the fee by 4% that even includes the short time visit visa.
This increase in the fee would help UK government to improve the service to the customers and allow them to provide choice based premium services that include:
- priority visa service that costs £100 for 3-5 days
- £300 for a priority settlement application service
- £600 for a super priority visa service
- new user pay visa application centres additional to the existing centers for the user convenience to submit their applications and register their biometric information at an additional cost of £53
- A fee of £50 for the meetings that happen outside of office hours
- £40 will be charged for the applicant that offers passport pass back service
Here are the fee reductions and the changes included in the proposal:
- The fee for the direct airside transit visa is reduced to £40.
- The sponsorship fee for Tier 2 is reduced.
- A fee of £428 is announced for Tier 2 shortage occupations.
- 5 year Tier 2 general/ICT application has been introduced.
- Countries that are authorized under the 1961 European Social Charter have a rate of £55.