The immigration authorities in Ontario held their largest draw on December 11th4wsqor 2019, and issued 667 Notifications of Interest to such candidates who had a profile in Express Entry Pool. This was the first draw in the Skilled Trades stream after March and at present the total number of NOIs issued in favor of Skilled Trades during the present year stands at 1,399. The qualifying norms for this draw specify that the candidates must have submitted profiles in Express Entry between Dec 11th, 2018 and Dec 11th, 2019.
Details of Ontario Skilled Trades Stream
This Stream caters to skilled trade workers belonging to the agricultural and construction sectors and there is a scope that it will be expanded further.
The qualifying norms for applicants are:
• A Pending application in the Express Entry;
• Minimum 12 months of continuous or paid cumulative local work experience and the past two years before Notification of Interest in NOC 633, or in major groups 82, 72, or 73;
• In case it is an occupation requirement, there has to be a Proof of license, or certification, in Ontario;
• A valid work-permit plus being an Ontario resident at the application time;
• CLB 5 in English or French in reading, listening, writing, and speaking;
• A Proof of fund for settlement covering the self and dependents, and the minimum amount based as per the authorized Low-Income Cut-Off
Ontario draws focused on candidates in Skilled Trades 18 times in 2018, and issued 1,626 ITAs.
There is no minimum point requirement in the stream.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is publishing the details regarding specific draws since 2018. There are draws in French-Speaking Skilled Workers, Human Capital Priorities, and also in Entrepreneur Stream held all through the year.
Details of NOIs Issued in 2019