Surge in skilled immigrants count to Newfoundland and Labrador

January 03, 2015
Increase in inflow of migrant’s figure to Newfoundland and Labrador

With the surge in inflow of skilled overseas nationals for working opportunities in the country, the Canadian government has decided to ask those visitors to stay permanently in the country. But the question that has been raised by the existing government of the country is that will immigrants stay and get convinced of our verdict. 

Earlier the inflow of skilled immigrants from overseas nation was only 450, but now the count has increased to 1,000. Thus, the province has started giving more importance to the recruitment of skilled overseas workers. 

Individuals from all over the globe are looking forward to relocate and settle in Newfoundland and Labrador region, not only to avail its outstanding job opportunities and high wages but also for its rich culture and traditions, according to the Department of Advanced Education and Skills minister, Kevin O'Brien. 

As per the new record, they have found most overseas nationals staying in the region of St. John's metropolitan where they can take pleasure in its hottest economies. Around 54% migrants, who received sponsorship from the provincial nominee program, stay in St. John's region and remaining 46% people in rest of the areas. Around 80% individuals who were nominated through skilled labor category and 20% candidates through international graduate option are staying in the country.   

The education and skills ministry further noted that overseas skilled workers can now find the jobs effortlessly. This surge in inflow of immigrants to the country aids in enhancing the labor market of the country and indirectly the country’s economy. 

Few of the sources stated that individuals arriving to the country are expertise in sectors like oil and gas and mining but those organizations are declining. However the concerned authorities of the country are not worried about it.

For More Updates Follow Us @Facebook
comments powered by Disqus


Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon