Manitoba has invited 196 candidates seeking immigration to apply for its provincial nomination, and gain the Canadian permanent residence, in the Expression of Interest draw, conducted on May 23.
Among these, 60 belonged to the Skilled Workers Overseas candidates, 119 to the Skilled Workers in Manitoba Stream, and the remaining 17 to the International Education Stream, favoring the global graduates who pursued their studies in post-secondary institutions in Manitoba. With this, the total invitations issued to skilled workers in this year stands at 4,320.
This Provincial Program permits Manitoba in nominating the skilled candidates required by provincial employers, having the ability for settling quickly, and establishing there economically.
MPNP is also an active and dynamic Provincial Nominee Program that has so far, helped 130,000 professionals to settle in the province since 1998.
Invitation to Express Entry Candidates
Manitoba also issued 27 LAAs in its May 23 to the EE candidates who had the job validation code, and sufficient experience, in a job present on the Manitoba Occupations List.
The Federal Express Entry system supervises the pool where there are candidates belonging to
• Federal Skilled Trades Class,
• Federal Skilled Worker Class,
• And also to the Canadian Experience Class.
Such candidates of Express Entry who get the provincial nomination also receive 600 more points improving their Comprehensive Ranking System score.
The Skilled Workers in Manitoba Stream caters to the requirement of eligible temporary overseas workers and also to the global student graduates who presently work in Manitoba and obtain the permanent, full-time job with a local employer.
The Skilled Workers Overseas Stream
The Skilled Workers Overseas Stream caters to the requirement of eligible immigration candidates that live outside Canada and also have a well-established connection to the province. This may be the support of family members/friends, prior work experience/ education in the province, or obtaining the invitation in the Strategic Recruitment Initiatives of MPNP.
60 Skilled Workers Overseas stream candidates receiving the invitations in this draw were directly enrolled using the Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
Steps to follow
• The first Step involves Expression of Interest
• Completing the Expression of Interest is the first necessary step for skilled workers to get a consideration in the Manitoba provincial nomination.
• Candidates have to provide the necessary information regarding their work experience, education, English/French proficiency and also the connections to Manitoba. Also, they get a score depending on the answers.
• Top scoring Candidates get the invitations using regular draws from the provincial EOI pool.
The minimum score requirement, to get the LAA in this draw was:
Skilled Workers -Manitoba: 548
Skilled Workers -Overseas: 506
In 2018 MPNP issued 5,207 nominations, and 98 percent candidates belonged to these two skilled streams.