Canada Starts Accepting Applications from GTA Construction Workers

January 28, 2020
Canadian federal government has started accepting applications below the latest Temporary Public Policy for Construction Workers with Out-of-Status in GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

Canada Starts Accepting Applications from GTA Construction Workers

Temporary Public Policy was declared in July 2019 to offer a chance to workers in the field of construction and their family members who originally landed in Canada on a temporary work permit but dropped their status. This policy is also aimed to help to overcome labor shortages in the field of construction in the region.

Refugees, Immigration, and Citizenship Canada started allowing applications on 2 January 2020. Applicants need to have their applications referred to the I.R.C.C by the Canada’s Labour Congress (C.L.C). The C.L.C has been allowing applications since 3 September 2019.

Eligibility Requirements for Out-of-Status GTA Construction Workers

• Foreign Citizens who either:

• Lawfully moved to Canada as a temporary resident and priorly obtained work authorization in the field of construction; and,

• Provide evidence of income tax returns filing in Canada or income declaration in Canada (400 primary appellants); or,

• Lawfully movedto Canada as a temporary resident (100 primary  appellants);

• Have lived continuously in Canada for a minimum tenure of 5 years at the of submitting an application;

• Are presently working without permission in the industry of construction in the G.T.A and have accumulated 3 years full-time work experience in the previous 5 years in the construction industry in the Greater Toronto Area in one of the listed NOC codes:

• Primary Group 72 Trades, Skilled Transport & Equipment Operators

• Primary Group 73 equipment & maintenance operation

• Residential and servicers & commercial installers (NOC 7441)

• Operators of Heavy equipment (excluding crane) (NOC 7521)

• Construction trade helpers & laborers (NOC 7611)

• Have language proficiency at CLB 4 in all disciplines.

• Have a family member residing in Canada who is a citizen of Canada or permanent resident of Canada, or have a spouse or child in Canada;

• Have a letter of referral signed by the Canada’s Labour Congress attesting that the appellant satisfies the above requirements;

• Have not been considered unsuitable for any purpose other than overstaying their status of a temporary resident and working by not having permission or authorization.

Please follow Visa Reporter to get all the trending Visa Updates and Immigration News. It will help you to keep updated with the latest information about Visas and helps to make your abroad dreams come true.

We bring all the trending news and our patrons can contact us.
For More Immigration News & Updates Follow Us Facebook

comments powered by Disqus


Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon