Australian employers, who recruit foreign nationals to work in its industries, must qualify new guidelines set by the Australia Immigration.
All the accredited companies which maintain long term relationship with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) can benefit, but that will not impact processing times of the visa application.
To maintain Accredited Sponsorship Status from July 1, the Australia employers must meet the following requirements:
- Listed company with AUD four million worth turnover for last three years.
- Must be active in sponsoring the foreign workers under 457 visas for last three years, without any negative information on the employer.
- The employer must sponsor at least ten people in last 24 months.
- The denial rate of visas on 457 classes should be less than 3 percent.
- The businesses must have 75 percent workforce from Australia.
- The new requirements include 457 visa holder must be employed under the contract agreement according to the National Employment Standards.
- Show that the permit holder is paid according to an agreement which reflects the current salary rates for occupations in their business.
- The employer must provide comprehensive details of the business activities.