Students looking to study in Australia in 2016 are advised to check the visa options

December 31, 2015
Foreign students who wish to study in Australia in 2016 are being asked to check their visa alternatives early so that they could apply for the right visa.

There are many visas for pursuing education in Australia which rely on type of education they have chosen; that ranges from higher education to universities and sponsorship and training. The immigration department is recommending the applicants to get familiarize with the available options.

Students looking to study in Australia in 2016 are advised to check the visa options

At the university level, there is Postgraduate Research Sector Visa (Subclass 574) and the Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 573). For the students who seek to study a non-awarding foundation study course which do not lead to any award, then they have got the Non-Award Sector visa (Subclass 575) available for them.

For the students who wish to visit Australia to pursue the English Language Intensive Courses for Foreign Students (ELICOS), the Independent ELICOS Sector Visa (Subclass 570) gives this choice.

The eligible students who had applied for the student visas from the participating study providers might also apply for the streamline processing for student visa.

The Immigration and Border Protection Department of Australia (DIBP) also said that students who had completed their education and wished to work in Australia temporarily require applying for another visa for that there are many alternatives.

For Example, Post-Study Work Program provides extended choices for doing work in Australia to the qualified graduates with the higher degree. Under this program, the successful applicants are issued visa for the duration of two, three or four years, and it depends on the student’s highest education qualification.

Foreign students who are interested in the vocational study and training courses could apply for Vocational Education and Training Sector Visa (Subclass 572) and for research and training chances which permit the structured job-based training. Students might be qualified for the Training and Research Visa(Subclass 402) .

In few cases, the Foreign Affairs and Trade Department or the Defence Department of Australia would sponsor the students to study in Australia.  Students who participate in this might get eligible for the Defence or Foreign Affairs Sector (Subclass 576) visa.

For More Immigration News & Updates Follow Us @Facebook
comments powered by Disqus


Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon