All Individuals intending to sponsor their parents/grandparents in the present year can begin their process. At first, they have to submit an Interest to Sponsor form on Jan 28th at Noon EST. This form is available for a short time and IRCC will invite sponsors submitting a complete application, in the sequence of receiving their submissions, until it reaches the yearly cap of 20,000 applications.
A new approach
This approach based on the timing of arrival will replace the random invitations process which IRCC was using until last year. Ahmed Hussen, Immigration Minister Canada said that the Interest-to-Sponsor form has improved, and presently includes features that help the department in detecting duplicate submissions and potential fraudsters.
Eligibility norms for sponsoring a parent or grandparent to Canada
Potential sponsors must be
• Canadian citizens or its permanent residents;
• 18 years old;
• provide support to the person they sponsor/ dependents financially
• Meet the minimum income level and also submit notices of assessment of the Canadian Revenue Agency, in support of their sponsorship.
• Provide proof of meeting the minimum requirements of income for three years. If they are married or live in a common-law relationship, the income of both individuals can be included;
• Signing a sponsorship agreement also committing financial support to the sponsored person for twenty years.
All sponsors residing in the Quebec province must meet its immigration requirements after IRCC approves their sponsorship. We bring the latest updates on all such announcements and the patrons can contact us.