The government of Jordan has permitted an option put forth by Nayef Al-Fayez the minister of tourism and antiquities followed by a meeting with King Abdullah II and Queen Rania in order to make easier rules and regulations about the entry visas for travelers who are coming to Jordan.
Erik Huyer, the general manager of Corp Amman Hotel stated that this regulation is a higher development and they are very much confident that this will boost the tourism of Jordan. The tourists of Jordan have been requesting to reducing all the other taxes and the visa fee. And they are very much happier that the higher authorities have noted this point. This action will open the latest source markets as well as expand the already existing ones for Jordan. This will also make wide the appeal of Jordan in the segment of mid-market.
The amendments below were agreed upon the following deliberations:
- Waiving the visa fees for the tourists of all the nations travelling through Jordan either in groups or individually, the visa fee will be reduced on a condition for those travelers who spend at least two nights in Jordan.
- Reducing the visa fees for the tourists who are individual have started their Jordan trip without making any arrangements and have purchased the unified site ticket of the tourists on the rule that they spend at least three nights in Jordan.
- Visa fees will be reduced for the tourists who enter Jordan through the land borders. The fee of the visa will be waived from 40JOD to 10JOD on the rule that the travelers have to spend at least three nights in Jordan.
- Reducing departure tax for the scheduled flights from Amman and Aqaba, on the rule that travelers buy the tourist site ticket and they spend at least three nights in Jordan.
- Reducing the entry visa and departure tax for the low cost and the charter flights leaving from the King Hussein International Airport-Aqaba.