Recently, the list of South Australia’s state nominated occupation list has updated by the government. The updated list is also accessible to all the applicants, subsuming international graduates of South Australia. The entire state sponsor list is classified into two types, namely the Supplementary Skilled List and the State Occupation List.
The State Occupation List will be amended each year and contains certain professions that are in demand in South Australia. Prospective applicants who would like to get a state nomination under the Australian General Skilled Migration Program should have appropriate work experience in one of the occupations listed on the SOL. It is outstanding for candidates who meet the criteria for the Supplementary Skilled List.
The Supplementary Skilled List was intended for the initial time and is valid only to some candidates. It is valid for overseas graduates who hold either a graduate or a higher degree from the South Australian College or University. It is for candidates who have employed for a period up to one year in South Australia in one of the skilled occupations or have a family member who is a permanent resident of South Australia and who can offer financial aid.
Latest updates for South Australia State Occupation List 2015
- Age should be below 50 years
- Applicants must have plans to work and reside in South Australia for a minimum period of two years
- Get skill assessment from the particular authorized authority
- Profession should be present on State Nominated Occupation List, or should meet the criteria for the supplementary occupation list
- A minimum of one year skilled work experience in the past three years. However, few professions require higher work experience. These need to be waived for overseas graduates of SA
- Meet the English language criteria under selected occupation. However, this condition is waived for citizens of specific countries
- Adequate funds to reside the country while seeking a job